WIP Along 2024

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Camp Loopy

Have I mentioned that I have knitting fever?  Knitting was my first love many years ago until I discovered the world of quilting, applique and stitchery.  So my yarn and needles were retired but just for awhile.  I caught the "bug" from Judy L.  She seduced introduced me to a few very special knitting sights on her blog. 

I began my knitting journey slowly--a few gifts for Christmas--a couple of hats and scarves.  Then along came the Loopy Ewe challenge.  I couldn't resist.  I have completed the first two challenges.  But then word came of Camp Loopy.  I told myself no--just stick with the quarterly challenge.  But I found a beautiful shawl courtsey of Ginny.  I order a beautiful lemon yellow Cascade Heritage silk yarn.  Now you might think it difficult to wait until May 27 to "go" to camp but---I am also taking part in the Ravelry group,  Madelinetosh Lovers' challenge Madelintosh MadMay12 !  I am attempting to complete 3 projects.  the good news is that Nellie is almost done.  I just need to buy the buttons to complete it.  I have casted on my socks.  I think it is a pipe dream that I will even cast on Vodka Lemonade.  But a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment