WIP Along 2024

Friday, January 31, 2014

Crazy Quilt Journal Project January 2014

I have always admired the lovely handwork on crazy quilts.  I have dabbled with little projects but never completed anything. Several years ago (about 7) I found an Australian BOM featuring antique French soap labels.  I had all of the kits neatly packed in the closet.  I found this wonderful blog encouraging all levels of crazy quilters to participate. 

I found it hard to make a decision about stitches and embellishments.  It needs a lot more stuff.  For now the January block will go back in the box but I will be returning to it to "fill it up"  with lots of pretty ribbons, buttons and beads.
Here is my unadorned February block.  I need to lighten up, loosen up and throw caution to the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Found your site through Grow Your Blog. I tried working with Crazy Quilts once. I don't have the patience for the hand work. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete