WIP Along 2024

Friday, August 8, 2014

Yarn report Week 32

I may have been in Ireland but that didn't stop me from adding to my yarn stash--and none of it was bought in Ireland.
When ordering for a project for Eat Sleep Knit I miscalculated how much I needed of the Dream in Color bluefish.  So I needed to order another skein.  And rather than only order one skein, I found some lovely Madelinetosh ASAP for a Christmas gift cowl.  The color is Dachshund.  I almost chose Whiskey Barrel.  I may have to make two cowls!
That took care of internet yarn shopping.  But there is more.  Youngest daughter is expecting a baby boy in November.  My first night back in the States she calls with a bit of panic in her voice.  This new little cherub doesn't have a Christmas Stocking.  We have a little family tradition of knitted stockings from my trusty needles.  So an emergency visit to the yarn store was in order.
Mom to be chose grey and blue.  I think these will do nicely.  While purchasing this yarn, I saw a Sirdar Crofter which I thought would make a lovely newborn hat.  It jumped into my bag (after I paid for it).
But I did finish two waterfall scarves and Puerperium cardigan.  The sweater is blocking and needs buttons.  The scarves need to have their ends woven in and a little light blocking.

Yarn in this week:  1240 yards
Yarn out this week;  411 yards
Yarn in YTD: 9196 yards
Yarn out YTD:  3638 yards

I have a lot of knitting to do before the end of the year!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment