WIP Along 2024

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Camp Loopy Project #2

The challenge for project #2 was to think of a place we like to visit.  This will be a stretch but it is the first thought that came to mind when I saw this yarn.  I have to confess that often times I buy yarn because I like the name.  Twig sounds so much lovelier than brown.  And then there is Fig, Copper Penny, Glazed Pecan. just to name a few.  So for project #2 I chose Madelinetosh DK in Chickory.  There are lovely shades of teal and grey-brown.  Mom-to-be chose the color.  The pattern is Alex's blanket from Auroraknits.

The design is simple but elegant.  I can see making this blanket again.  It wasn't a fussy knit.

OOPS.  forgot to say how this tied into a place I like.  Chickory reminds me of New Orleans--no I have never been there!  Chicory reminds me of coffee that may be served there.  I definitely want to go to New Orleans.  It is on my bucket list of adventures.  I have a niece who attended Tulane and a nephew who will be going to Tulane this Fall.  I'm not sure even I can follow my own logic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment