WIP Along 2024

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Encrusted Crazy Quilt Week 1

I love the idea of making a crazy quilt and have played around with the technique.  But I have never felt especially successful.  Have you ever visited Pintangle?  I have long admired Sharon's work.  I signed up for her encrusted Crazy Quilt class.  It took me an entire afternoon to piece my block.
I was trying to avoid that very long straight seam at the top quarter of the piece.  Hopefully some fancy stitches will help. I am trying out a few pieces of lace and some braid.  What do you think?
At the top left is what appears to be a green striped fabric.  It isn't striped but more the texture of grosgrain ribbon.  The colors have photographed a different than they appear to the eye.




1 comment:

  1. Crazy quilts have intimidated me. I'm afraid I will get to a point where I can't go forward. Your block looks great. The stitching will be fun! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete