WIP Along 2024

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Epiphany

My goal this summer was to FINISH projects that have been tucked away in my sewing room.  like most quilters and knitters I have been accumulating kits, BOM, fabrics, yarn etc.  I finished a table topper and was attempting to sandwich the quilt, but the humidity will not allow the tape to stick to anything!  So the next best thing, i was going to start piecing a kit I purchased more years ago than i can remember.  I didn't like all of the fabric included.  Not all of  the fabrics were cotton-some were brocade types, upholstery weight and plush.  So I added some from my stash.  I thought I was being very good.  As I was planning the cutting process, that nagging little voice said--"Do you even like this fabric?"  As I said no to my inner self, I tried pushing away the negative thoughts and wanted to persevere and do it.  And then the clouds parted--I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THIS QUILT.  I will recycle the fabric into my stash, give away what I don't like and add the pattern back into my pile.  Maybe I will make this quilt another day, maybe not.  But I am not going to spend time on a project I just don't like.  This has been very freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment