Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ten on Tuesday: Favorite cheeses

Carole asks for favorite cheeses this week!  I know that I must be part mouse.  I love cheese--hard cheese, soft cheese, spreadable cheese.  However it CANNOT be low fat or non fat.  That is not cheese.  It should be illegal to make, sell, or possess it!

  1. Blue cheese crumbled in a salad or lovingly mixed with buttermilk to make a tangy dressing or dip.
  2. Parmesan sprinkled on a mound of fresh pasta tossed with cherry tomatoes and basil.
  3. Pecorino Romano related to parmesan but more robust and earthy.  Love adding a chunk to homemade soup.  This is my secret weapon.
  4. Sharp English cheddar sliced very thin and enjoyed with fruit and a glass of cabernet.
  5. Brie baked till oozy and creamy with mango chutney on top.
  6. Cream cheese that has been whipped and flavored for a cheesecake--any cheese cake.  I haven't met one I didn't like.
  7. Fontina cheese grated or shredded and rolled up in chicken or pork cutlets.
  8. Chevre.  I'm feeling fancy.  If I say goat cheese my Big Guy thinks I am trying to poison him.
  9. Emmental that will become a festive fondue.  My kids always thought I was just melting some American cheese.
  10. Monterey Jack.  No self respecting taco would be caught dead without it.  And enchiladas--need I say more.
I don't want to forget  Mozzarella, Asiago, Provolone...............wait there's more..............

No comments:

Post a Comment