- Blue cheese crumbled in a salad or lovingly mixed with buttermilk to make a tangy dressing or dip.
- Parmesan sprinkled on a mound of fresh pasta tossed with cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Pecorino Romano related to parmesan but more robust and earthy. Love adding a chunk to homemade soup. This is my secret weapon.
- Sharp English cheddar sliced very thin and enjoyed with fruit and a glass of cabernet.
- Brie baked till oozy and creamy with mango chutney on top.
- Cream cheese that has been whipped and flavored for a cheesecake--any cheese cake. I haven't met one I didn't like.
- Fontina cheese grated or shredded and rolled up in chicken or pork cutlets.
- Chevre. I'm feeling fancy. If I say goat cheese my Big Guy thinks I am trying to poison him.
- Emmental that will become a festive fondue. My kids always thought I was just melting some American cheese.
- Monterey Jack. No self respecting taco would be caught dead without it. And enchiladas--need I say more.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Ten on Tuesday: Favorite cheeses
Carole asks for favorite cheeses this week! I know that I must be part mouse. I love cheese--hard cheese, soft cheese, spreadable cheese. However it CANNOT be low fat or non fat. That is not cheese. It should be illegal to make, sell, or possess it!