Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Where to Begin

What a month--happiness, joy, mourning, frustration.  My sister's MIL passed away after a short but debilitating  bout with pancreatic cancer.  She lived with my sister and The Big Guy and I got to know her.  After attending her funeral services we went to Washington DC.  Youngest Daughter was two weeks late and she was going to be induced.  After forty hours of labor Little Mr. C was born.  He is 7lbs 6 oz. of pure loveliness and joy.  It was so difficult leaving DC this morning. But we are back in MA.


While on our trip,  my laptop was hacked and my emails and documents were kidnapped.  I hadn't heard about this until my sister told me that this has been going on.  I don't tend to keep a lot of emails but my documents are gone.  This is so frustrating!!!  I know this is the least important annoyance in my life.  Documents can be recreated.  But prior to the "hijacking"  my computer  had been infected with some nasty viruses that my security program did not pick up.  I spent the better part of 7 hours on the phone with three different support people that could not resolve my issues.  A friend put me in touch with a local computer tech who has resolved most of my problems.  I will let him know about the hijacking.

I have to say that at the moment my computer is not my friend. 


I think after a good night's sleep, I can tackle the computer mess.  Did I mention that I stayed in the labor delivery for all but 8 hours.  I am a little tired.









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new baby in the family. You must be having all sorts of feelings at the moment; joy tinged with sadness. I hope your computer problems get sorted soon

    ReplyDelete