Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to reality


It has been way too long since I have blogged.  But I think I have a good excuse.  We just spent five wonderful weeks in Avalon NJ.  It was one very long party with family, a niece's wedding, a cousin from Seattle and lots of time with my sister.

One of my favorite excursions was to Margate NJ to visit Lucy, the elephant.  I remember playing around her feet when I was little.  She has been refurbished and looks amazing. 


We stopped in Philadelphia and visited the old neighborhood.  My next door neighbor still lives there and was sitting on the porch.  It was good to remember the "good old days".  The grade school I attrended is in the process of closing.  I was able to walk through the school.  The rows of desks are long gone.  But the tile floor is the same as well as the doors on the class rooms.  We hung our jackets up in the "cloak" room which still has the same hooks!!!  The chalk boards have been replaced with white boards.  But the same crucifix hangs above the whiteboard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment